The next generation in leadership training
With a history spanning 190 years, Parramatta Mission is one of the largest and most inclusive providers of community services, mental health support and social housing in Western Sydney.
It currently runs more than 70 community programs that target the most disadvantaged people in the region – the homeless and those who are at risk of homelessness, people facing crisis, and people who are living with mental illness.
It all adds up
In the past year alone Parramatta Mission has:
• provided shelter for around 300 people each day
• served over 120,000 meals to those in need
• provided refuge from domestic violence to 23 women and their accompanying children
• answered over 24,000 calls from distressed persons thanks to the 100 volunteers who offer their time to Lifeline Western Sydney.
Not surprisingly, Parramatta Mission’s extensive experience and unparalleled commitment to delivering services in the ever-changing region of Western Sydney has equipped them with a thorough understanding of human suffering and acute needs.
This, in turn, has given the Mission the insight it needs to address these issues, and to help ‘transform lives’ and grow stronger communities in which all people are included, valued and dignified.
Leading the way in leadership training
In May 2013, Parramatta Mission underwent a restructure. The goal was to position the Mission in such a way as to better meet the current and future challenges of the growing organisation, and to ensure the future of the Mission is sustainable.
In response to the restructure, Parramatta Mission is currently running ‘Leadership Next Generation’. This program is designed to elevate the leadership competency of Parramatta Mission’s managers and key leaders. The aims of the program are to:
• support the development of leadership effectiveness by providing a robust cultural framework
• help the organisation’s leaders become more insightful about their own influence on their teams and other stakeholders
• assist managers and leaders to build upon their strengths
• develop a culture of high performance, with strong alignment to the organisation’s mission and strategic outcomes.
The program consists of five modules as well as focussed development in Executive Team Development and Leadership Effectiveness. Modules are complemented by learning in groups and coaching, inspiring strong and sustainable leadership in this time of rapid growth in the Mission. Success is measured through ongoing performance reviews and staff evaluations.
In the coming year, Leadership Next Generation will be offered to Parramatta Mission’s Church Council and Congregation leaders. The Mission’s congregations, along with its staff and volunteers play a vital role in taking Parramatta Mission’s vision of transforming lives and making it happen.
Supervisor Training ProgramMon, 10th May 2021 - Fri, 5th Nov 2021
FREE Webinars for parents and carersMon, 16th Aug 2021 - Thu, 18th Nov 2021
Supporting young people's mental health when they are onlineTue, 19th Oct 2021 - Thu, 18th Nov 2021
The Gospel of Luke: "We had hoped…"Tue, 19th Oct 2021 - Tue, 9th Nov 2021
Share the love special event by UnitingWorldThu, 28th Oct 2021