Insights — the magazine of the Uniting Church in Australia’s Synod of New South Wales and the ACT — tells the story of the church to Uniting Church members and families.
The magazine provides regular information on the life and witness of the Church, resources congregations and engages with religious and cultural issues in contemporary society.
Sharing people’s stories, encouraging people in their mission, articulating faith and discipleship, Insights also provides a forum for people to express and exchange their (often diverse!) opinions.
Feature articles, regular columns like Lectionary Reflections, Belief Matters, Culture Watch — there’s always something of interest. Online you will find regular news daily updates and other information not available in the print version of the magazine.
Insights keeps people informed. It gets people talking. It builds community.
Australasian Religious Press Association (ARPA) Winners 2014 for:
- Gold Award for Best Feature, Single Author: “Seeking Refuge” by Sarah Sullivan
- Gold Award for Best Theological Article: “Christmas for the fun of it” by Ben Myers
- Bronze Award for Best Cover: November 2013
ARPA Winners 2015 for:
- Bronze Award for Best Faith Reflection, Single Author: “How to make gravy: Christmas for the lonely” by Ben Myers
ARPA Winners 2017 for:
- Best cover April-May 2016 issue
ARPA WInners 2018 for:
- Silver for Best Column “Digital Ministry” by Pastor Keith Anderson
- Bronze for Best Social Media Campaign for the coverage of Synod 2017 and its theme “Telling Our Story”.
Distribution of Insights Magazine
If you would like to reduce or increase, or change the address for Insights distribution call 8267 4300 or Angela Cadena on AngelaC@nswact.uca.org.au
Explore Insights Online
You can view current copies of Insights, and back copies on our digital magazine page. Feel free to like, download and share the magazine and look through some of our ARPA award-winning publications. You can even view the magazine on your tablet or smartphone by downloading the Issuu App from iTunes and Google Play.
Supervisor Training ProgramMon, 10th May 2021 - Fri, 5th Nov 2021
FREE Webinars for parents and carersMon, 16th Aug 2021 - Thu, 18th Nov 2021
Supporting young people's mental health when they are onlineTue, 19th Oct 2021 - Thu, 18th Nov 2021
The Gospel of Luke: "We had hoped…"Tue, 19th Oct 2021 - Tue, 9th Nov 2021
Share the love special event by UnitingWorldThu, 28th Oct 2021