Price Trust calls for applications to relieve poverty
In 2012, the Board of Uniting Resources as the Trustee of the Price Trust, has made available $83,000 for projects which help relieve poverty through the Norman and Florence Memorial Price Trust (Price Trust).
The distribution of funds is a decision of the UnitingCare NSW.ACT Board.
To be eligible, an organisation should be accountable to a congregation, presbytery or mission within the Synod of NSW and the ACT.
Submissions for 2012 should be made using this standard form.
Applications will be assessed against the alignment of the project’s activities, with its objectives most notably:
- The relief of poverty;
- The level of analysis and planning evident in the outline of the project;
- The capacity of the organisation to manage the project;
- The commitment of the organisation members/volunteers (financial or in-kind) to the project; and
- The level of collaboration with consumers and/or other services.
Successful projects will be required to complete an evaluation report within six months of receiving funding.
The Price Trust also makes available funds for the promotion of education. These funds are managed by the Board of Mission and Education.
Submissions for 2012 must be received no later than 5pm Friday 9 March.
Grant recipients 2011
In 2011, the Price Trust assisted 12 projects with grants of between $1,000 and $15,000. The following organisations and projects were successful:
- UnitingCare Kippax, ACT – Emergency Relief Program
- Campbelltown UnitingCare – For child and family services, and literacy programs
- LifelineCentralCoast- Sudden Death & Trauma Response Service
- Gateway Family Services – Emergency relief and housing assistance
- UnitingCarePortMacquarie- Emergency Relief Program
- Church in the Market Place, Bondi Junction – No Interest Loans Scheme
- Kogarah Storehouse – Life Matters Program
- Lifeline Macarthur – Christmas Hamper Appeal
- Lifeline Newcastle & Hunter – Financial & Material Support
- LifelineSouthCoast- Financial Management Workshops
- UnitingCare Pivot Point Community Centre, Bateman’s Bay – Emergency Relief Program
- Canowindra Uniting Church – The Food Basket
Supervisor Training ProgramMon, 10th May 2021 - Fri, 5th Nov 2021
FREE Webinars for parents and carersMon, 16th Aug 2021 - Thu, 18th Nov 2021
Seasons of Creation Online Café!Tue, 7th Sep 2021 - Tue, 28th Sep 2021
Why the Uniting Church Supports the School Strike for ClimateWed, 6th Oct 2021
Ministry on the Edge- CancelledThu, 14th Oct 2021