Working with Children Week – Free WWCC Compliance webinars
23 Jun 2021
12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
This year, NSW will celebrate the first Working with Children Week in recognition of the thousands of people who contribute to the lives of children in education, sports, arts and community organisations.
In recognition of Working with Children Week, the Office of the Children’s guardian is hosting a free webinar on June 23.
We suggest that if you are in NSW, all those responsible for Safe Church compliance in your congregation as well as church council members should register for the free webinar.
The webinar covers the following topics:
- What is a WWCC and who requires one
- What is a verification and why is it important
- Understanding the results of a WWCC verification
- What are your organisations responsibilities as a child related employer
- WWCC record keeping
- How does the Compliance team make sure employers are doing the right thing
- Over reliance on the WWCC
The OCG offers two time slots for the webinar. To register, click on one of the links below.
The webinars are only relevant to congregations that operate in NSW. However, in the ACT, Working with Vulnerable People (WWVP) Checks and registration are mandatory for any individual in the ACT involved in regulated activities with vulnerable persons. A summary of requirements for the ACT can be found on the Safe Church website.