Lindt café hostage survivor to share message of hope at Easter Sunrise Service
After last year’s successful and ground-breaking live internet streaming of its Easter Sunrise Service, Wesley Mission is again preparing for its signature international event in 2016. For more than 50 years, Wesley Mission in Sydney has been taking the message of Easter to Australia – in 2015 it successfully took it to the world.
A large crowd is expected at the Sydney Opera House on Easter Sunday 27 March to share in a worship service celebrating the abundant hope we have in Jesus Christ. As the sun rises over Sydney harbour and voices join in hymns of praise, people from around the globe will be able to watch the inspirational service by logging on to www.wesleymission.org.au
The online broadcast can be watched on-line on Sunday 27 March from 6 am (AEDT) or on Saturday 26 March 2016 in the following international cities:
- 7 pm: London
- 3 pm: New York
- 12 pm: Los Angeles
- 9 pm: Cape Town, South Africa
The service will be led by Wesley Mission Superintendent the Rev Keith Garner, who will also deliver the address to a national audience as the service is broadcast across Australia through the Channel 9 network and simulcast on Hope 103.2 FM and other stations across Australia.
Joining the worship service will be the popular musical group The Borderers from South Australia, the Wesley Impact! band, and Louisa Hope, a hostage in the 2014 Sydney Lindt Café siege.
The Sunrise Service is the culmination of a week of events at Wesley Mission Wesley Mission will host many other events and multiple worship services across greater Sydney, including a Palm Sunday procession, a Good Friday re-enactment in the city CBD, a breakfast for community and business leaders and a luncheon for all during Holy Week 2016.
Other events in detail:
- Palm Sunday Procession: Sunday 20 March, 1.30 pm, from Cnr Phillip & Alfred Streets (under Cahill Expressway), Circular Quay, walking towards the Opera House and back to Phillip Street
- Easter Luncheon: Tuesday 22 March, 12.30 pm, Smith Room, Wesley Centre, 220 Pitt St Sydne
- Easter Breakfast: Wednesday 23 March, 7.15 am, Smith Room, Wesley Centre, 220 Pitt St Sydney
- Good Friday Journey to the Cross Procession and drama: Friday 25 March, 1.30 pm at Martin Place and then to Wesley Mission for Combined Worship Service of all congregations.