Moderator appeals to help flooded areas in NSW
Tens of thousands of people have been evacuated from towns in northern New South Wales and south-east Queensland as “unprecedented” flooding from ex-Tropical Cyclone Debbie continues. Widespread damage due to flooding is, reportedly, the worst in 50 years.
Areas most affected
- Major flood warnings are in place for the Tweed and Wilsons Rivers in NSW and the Logan, Albert and Bremer Rivers in Queensland
- Flood evacuation orders have been issued for: Murwillumbah, South and East Murwillumbah, Condong, Tumbulgum, Tweed Heads, Tweed Heads South and West, Kingscliff, Chinderah, Fingal Head, Bilambil, Lismore CBD, North and South Lismore, Kyogle, Ocean Shores, Billinudgel, New Brighton, northern Gold Coast, Logan and Rocky Creek Dam and The Flats
- Flood evacuation warnings are current for: Callide Dam, Kroombit Dam and Banana Shire
- Emergency alerts have been issued for: Tallebudgera Valley, Beaudesert
The Moderator, Rev. Myung Hwa Park encourages us to pray and support the disaster affected areas, specifically the communities and individuals who have been affected by the flooding.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with the communities of northern NSW and south-east Queensland. We also pray for those who are tirelessly assisting in recovery and emergency relief efforts,” says Rev. Park.
What you can do
- Pray for the protection and safety of those communities and individuals involved in the floods
- Pray for volunteers and emergency services personnel who are involved in assisting those in distress
- Pray for Disaster Chaplains offering assistance to stressed and grieving individuals
Donate to assist those most in need
The Assembly’s National Disaster Relief Fund is open to receive donations, with funds to be drawn on by Uniting Churches and agencies supporting recovery in affected areas. Gifts of over $2 are tax deductible.
Paddington Christmas Market 10 DecemberSat, 10th Dec 2022
Paddington Christmas Market 17 DecemberSat, 17th Dec 2022
Blue Christmas Worship ServiceSat, 17th Dec 2022
Retreat Yourself Pulse CampFri, 3rd Feb 2023 - Sun, 5th Feb 2023
St Ninian's Uniting Church, Lyneham, ACT - 150 years AnniversarySun, 12th Feb 2023