Tagata Pasifika Theological Symposium
13 Sep 2019 until 14 Sep 2019
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Leigh Memorial Church
You are invited to come and hear theological voices from a Pacific cultural background. Hear what they have to say and in the spaces provided discuss with others the implications for the church in Australia and in the islands. All presenters have studied through UTC.
- What and where is home?
- Where does a theology of respect fit in?
- Who is Jesus Christ for us when we are a ‘remigrant’?
- How does an island church in a new land become a ‘liquid church’?
- Are we neighbours to those whose homelands are facing rising sea levels?
- What is the role of the Tongan National Conference in the UCA?
- What might a more culturally appropriate form of supervision look like?
- How does the church negotiate its place in Fa’aSamoa and become a ‘public church’?
Sef Carroll, Jason Kioa, Matagi Vilitama, Peleti Lima, Sisislia Tupou-Thomas, Ini Foiakau, Charles Tupu, Sam Amosa, Maina Talia, Kamaloni Tui’ono.
Cost: None (donations will be welcomed but not expected).
Worship Service, Friday 13th at 7:00 pm.
- The worship service for the symposium / talanoa will be led by the Fijian Youth Group at Leigh Memorial.
- The preacher will be the Revd. Dr. Matagi Vilitama, (Assembly Advocate, Multicultural Circle of Interest).
For purposes of registration for this event, email: email@example.com
This event is supported by the Assembly of the Uniting Church in Australia. It has been organised by Matagi Vilitama, Sef Carroll and Clive Pearson. Hospitality is being provided by Leigh Fijian Congregation, Parramatta Mission and the Niuean Church at Ramsgate.
Supervisor Training ProgramMon, 10th May 2021 - Fri, 5th Nov 2021
FREE Webinars for parents and carersMon, 16th Aug 2021 - Thu, 18th Nov 2021
Supporting young people's mental health when they are onlineTue, 19th Oct 2021 - Thu, 18th Nov 2021
The Gospel of Luke: "We had hoped…"Tue, 19th Oct 2021 - Tue, 9th Nov 2021
Professional/ Pastoral SupervisorFri, 22nd Oct 2021