Hearing Earth’s Story: Pre-Synod Eco Day
29 Sep 2017
10:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Pitt Street Uniting Church
This year the NSW/ACT Uniting Church Synod gathers to “tell our story.” What better way to prepare for that than to hear, remember, and share the story of the Earth on which we live, and of which we are a part?
You don’t have to be a member of the Uniting Church to attend, all people of good will are very welcome!
The Eco day includes 11am session with guest speakers and a Q&A with panel guests.
Panel guests include:
- Rev. Myung Hwa Park this is her last official event as Moderator of the Uniting Church in Australia Synod of NSW and ACT.
- Colleen Geyer is the General Secretary of the UCA National Assembly.
- Rev. Dr Chris Budden is the Interim National Coordinator of the Uniting Aboriginal and Islander Christian Congress.
- Fie Marino resourcing agent with UME.
- Dr Miriam Pepper co-founded the Uniting Eco Group, and shared the lead of Uniting Earth for its first three years. She is a researcher at NCLS Research and research fellow at Australian Catholic University.
Attendees are also invited to share dinner at a nearby restaurant before making their way to the Induction of the new Moderator at St Stephen’s Uniting Church.
2020 Safe Church Awareness Workshops08/08/2020 - 07/11/2020
NYALC - Online19/10/2020 - 11/12/2020
Webinar Series: New Connections: What ways can we overcome isolation and loneliness?20/10/2020 - 04/11/2020
Emerging Gen Workers Day02/11/2020