22 Mar 2014
9:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Bankstown District Uniting Church
The Christ and Cultures Gathering invites you to explore
Join the discussion and explore with us
- What is it like to be powerless and disempowered?
- How power is spoken of in the gospels?
- How does Jesus exemplify power?
- What is it like to hold positions of power?
- How is power expressed in the church and for what purpose?
- Issues of gender and culture
- The role of persuasion and the authority of office
We will seek to emPOWER.
The day will include
- Song and prayer
- Keynote Presentations on New Testament readings of power, the practice and
- purpose of polity and power: the presence of Christ and the church
- Workshops on exploring cultures of power and emPOWERing
- Personal stories of powerlessness and reimagining power
Check the website for more details.