Drug Law Reform Forum
21 Aug 2017
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Last April Synod took the bold step of supporting drug law reform. The meeting called for greater funding for drug treatment and harm reduction and, going further, for the decriminalisation of use and possession of small amounts of illicit drugs. Please see below for the resolutions passed by Synod.
For this campaign to be effective, the whole Church has to be informed about the campaign, the reasons for it and how it’s developing.
For more details on this special event and to secure your spot, don’t forget to REGISTER . There are limited spaces are available.
The aims of this forum are:
- To inform Uniting Church members of the resolutions passed by Synod, the reasons why reform is needed and how the campaign is progressing
- To give members the opportunity to ask questions and express any concerns about the issue or campaign and have those heard
- To encourage members to be active supporters of the campaign as it moves into a more public phase
During the evening we will hear from experts in the field and others personally touched by the issue, with plenty of time for questions and discussion. Special guests & speakers include:
- Dr Marianne Jauncey (Medical Director, Uniting Medically Supervised Injecting Centre)
- Marion McConnell (Family & Friends for Drug Law Reform)
- Greg Denham (Law Enforcement Against Prohibition [LEAP])
- Rev Myung Hwa Park (Moderator, Uniting Church Synod of NSW/ACT)
- Rev Jane Fry (Acting General Secretary, Uniting Church Synod of NSW/ACT)
Supervisor Training ProgramMon, 10th May 2021 - Fri, 5th Nov 2021
FREE Webinars for parents and carersMon, 16th Aug 2021 - Thu, 18th Nov 2021
Supporting young people's mental health when they are onlineTue, 19th Oct 2021 - Thu, 18th Nov 2021
The Gospel of Luke: "We had hoped…"Tue, 19th Oct 2021 - Tue, 9th Nov 2021
Share the love special event by UnitingWorldThu, 28th Oct 2021