Celtic Britain & Ireland Pilgrimage
- Wed, 7th September 2022
- 12:00 am
7 Sep 2022 until 27 Sep 2022
12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
An amazing Celtic Britain and Ireland Pilgrimage Tour!
Celtic Britain is a rich source of spirituality, theology and ways of being church. The pre-Christian Celtic culture of Ireland, Scotland, Wales and western England were one of stunning art, standing stones and a focus on the natural world.
This carried over into Christianity, producing small-scale scattered missionary monasteries, illuminated manuscripts, sacred gold treasures, distinct spirituality and the inspiration given to us by pioneers, such as St Patrick and St Columba of Iona.
“Wow factor” highlights of this pilgrimage include:
- mini-retreats on both Iona and Lindisfarne (Holy Island)
- visits to see the Book of Kells in Dublin and the Lindisfarne Gospels in London
- Glendalough Monastery in Ireland
- the St Patrick Centre in Downpatrick (Northern Ireland)
- key sites for the Scottish Reformation in Edinburgh
- major Gothic cathedrals in Durham, York, Canterbury and Salisbury
- the pre-Christian sites of Newgrange (Ireland), Stonehenge and Glastonbury.
The itinerary also visits the Titanic Museum in Belfast and the Giant’s Causeway.
Book in for one of two information sessions here via the link on the right . You will be able to find out more about the tour in detail, and will have the opportunity to address any questions you may have directly with the travel agent.
Information sessions are being held online via zoom on the following dates:
- 6th of February
- 9th of February
For more details click here.
Inaugural Rev. Harry Herbert OrationWed, 5th Oct 2022
Transforming Practices - Pastoral and Professional SupervisionFri, 7th Oct 2022
Saltbush Scattered Community GatheringSat, 15th Oct 2022
Twilight of Jazz @ Ebenezer ChurchSun, 16th Oct 2022
101st Anniversary of Gladstone Methodist/Uniting ChurchSun, 23rd Oct 2022